Mealtime is about more than just eating. It’s a delicious reason to share, celebrate and savor life with family and friends. The name Zoë means “life” in Greek. And like our founder, we believe that shared meals encourage a sense of unity and foster family traditions.
Engaging conversations lead to manifestations of the heart.
– DD Wright
Between carpool, after-school activities, homework and bedtime schedules, it often can be difficult to spend quality time with the ones who mean the most to us.
Time is a precious commodity that often eludes our busy, on-the-go society.
In the Mediterranean, when family and friends gather to share a meal together, it’s always a bonding opportunity. You won’t find cellphones or tablets around the dinner table – just authentic conversations that bring the family together. Because when we gather as a family around delicious food, we aren’t just sharing a meal. We are sharing the best part of ourselves with the people we love.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite tips to help spark dinner conversation and family connectivity around the dinner table tonight:
- Plan the dinner menu together
- Begin each meal in a meaningful way (saying grace or singing a special song)
- Ditch the electronics
- Ask each family member what the best part of their day was. Try to keep dinner time a positive conversation-only zone
- Take the time to plan an upcoming family outing or trip – get suggestions from the entire crew
- Assign roles for kitchen cleanup to ensure everyone plays a part
What is your favorite way to connect with your family at dinner time? Share your tips and tricks for camaraderie around the table in the comments below. #LiveMed