As you surround yourself with friends and family this holiday season, fill your kitchen with laughter and delicious aromas that will make your holiday festivities even more memorable. Start everyone off with this fall-inspired hummus dip that incorporates seasonal flavors such as pumpkin, cranberries, cinnamon and sugar.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pint of Zoës Kitchen classic hummus
- 1 ½ cups diced pumpkin (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 TBSP Ras El Hanout seasoning (or your favorite fall pumpkin seasoning)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown or white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBSP dried cranberries
- 2-3 round pita
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice pumpkin or purchase pre-diced pumpkin to save time. Cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Place diced pumpkin in a mixing bowl and toss in EVOO, then season with Raus El Hanout and salt.
- Place seasoned pumpkin on a sheet tray with parchment paper, then bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (15-20 minutes).
Making Hummus and Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Pita
- Rub EVOO onto round pita and season with cinnamon and sugar, then toast in oven at 350 degrees until crisp (5-8 minutes).
- Spread Zoës Kitchen classic hummus on a dish and sprinkle roasted pumpkin down the middle.
- Garnish with dried pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
- Slice cinnamon sugar pita into six pieces (each round) and serve with hummus.
Download this recipe here: Moroccan Pumpkin Hummus with Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Pita Chips