Looking for the perfect gift to give the foodie or wine connoisseur in your life this holiday season? Chef Antonio’s Mediterranean-inspired mulled wine recipe is one that will leave a lasting impression in more ways than one! Mulled wine dates back to ancient Greek and Roman times, when people would sweeten their wine with fruit and spices. One of the best parts of this gift is that as the flavors of the wine and ingredients simmer, it fills the house with a delicious and inviting aroma.
To top it all off, if there happens to be any leftovers of the mulled wine, reduce it to a mouth-watering syrup that goes great on gelato, pies, waffles or any other holiday treats!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 stars of anise
- 3-5 cardamom pods
- 1 nutmeg
- 4-7 juniper berries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1-2 TBSP honey
Packaging and Special Touches
- Basket to hold all ingredients
- Festive tote to hold dried spices
- Ribbon and recipe card
- Zoës Kitchen gift card
- Clean and cut fruit, then add to a pot and pour in wine.
- Turn on medium heat and add all spices.
- Bring wine, fruit and spices to a slow boil, then let simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Keep the mulled wine warm and serve directly from the pot.
Mulled Wine Syrup
Mulled Wine Syrup Directions
- Take the pot of leftover ingredients and add in honey.
- Reduce down to the consistency of syrup.
- Strain the reduced mulled wine, then transfer to a container of your choice.